Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Writing Goals

This is the goal that excites me the most. I have carried a desire to write for a long, long time. I started my first novel when I was 2o and wrote over 450 handwritten pages. I lost the article during a move and have had a difficult time getting myself to write another story. For years I have alternated between trying to rewrite the story or start a new one. I start one, stop, start another, decide to go back to the other and so on. I started a new story a few months ago and I have committed myself to writing it.

I have two goals for writing.

1. I will make at least $6,000 from writing over the next twelve months.
2. I will finish my novel and submit it to 10 agents by December 31st, 2007.

In order to achieve my goals,I have established a daily schedule for writing. Monday through Friday I come into work early and spend 45 minutes to an hour writing every day. I alternate between the novel and posts.

I make it imperative to complete three posts each week and write a minimum of seven pages in the novel each week. One page a day on the novel is not a whole lot, but if I only make the minimum I still will have 365 pages written at the end of the year. I tend to get a couple extra pages written on the weekends and on vacations, so I am confident that I can get the story written.

I also need to start making money from my writing in order to make an extra $6000. I am looking at earning some of it from the blog and for the next 30 days I will be applying to a minimum of two freelance jobs per day unless I get more jobs than I can handle.

Check with me in 30 days to see how the two-a-day application process has worked.

No comments: