Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Obligations

One of my goals is to become a professional writer. I will not consider myself one until I able to leave my full time job and support my family from home. Today I took a step towards that goal. I signed a contract with 451press.com that will require me to write 5 posts a week, Monday through Friday, for a year.

I will be writing about step-parenting. I am a bit nervous, as it is a pretty long commitment and it requires very frequent postings. But, the way I see it, if I want to write I need to be committed and I need to have reason to write even on those days when I feel I have nothing to say. I figure that by the time I fulfill my obligations I will have established a pretty consistent habit of writing. And I will have a large portfolio of writing to show for future writing positions.

I am not sure when I will be required to post my first thoughts at 451press.com, but I will certainly update this site when the time comes.

1 comment:

Pete Aldin said...

You did it, you did well, I'm interested in what you learned from doing it...